Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used which means if you purchase via my link I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you! I only recommend products that I love! All opinions remain my own.You can read my full disclosure here
Step By Step Kusudama Flower Tutorial. Want to learn how to make an Origami Kusudama flower? It is actually very simple and easy to make. All you need are just origami paper or any type of coloured or even patterned paper.
If you don’t have any of those paper, you could even use your colourful sticky notes. You would also need some glue to stick the petals together and some card candi embellishment as the finishing touch. Anyway it will still look pretty even without the card candi.
Origami Step By Step Kusudama Flower Tutorial
How To Make A Kusudama Flower
In this tutorial, I will show you a step by step picture guide to fold an origami kusudama flower. Believe me it is very simple to make. You just have to fold 5 pieces of paper to form one Kusudama Flower. Some like to use six pieces of paper, but for this tutorial I will use only 5 pieces.
1) First of all you need is 5 square pieces of paper. Make sure all 5 are exact in size.
2) Start by folding your first square piece of paper.
3)Fold it into half, from one sharp corner to the opposite corner. It should look like a triangle.
4) Next fold the right and left side of the triangle to the top point.
5) Hence it will look like a square as in the picture below.
6) Now lift the right side triangle and re-flatten it along the crease. Repeat on the left side too.
7) After you have completed both sides, it should look like the picture below.
8) The next step is to fold the right and left corner inwards.
9) This is how it should look.
10) Now fold the right and left corner inwards along the crease that was made earlier.
11) After you final fold, it should look like this.
12) Now glue one side of your paper fold as shown below.
13) Finally you have made one Kusudama flower petal.
You must repeat step 1 to 12 to make the other 4 petals.
14) After you have done it, you will have 5 lose petals as in the picture below.
15) Finally add some glue to one of the petal and stick another petal next to it. Repeat the process until you have glued all 5 petals.
And there you go, your very own handmade Origami Kusudama Flower Folding. If you make 12 of these Kusudama flowers, you can assemble them all to make a pretty kusudama ball. You could even make some kusudama brooches for friends and family. Or you could even decorate your windows or doors with beautiful Kusudama flower string curtain.
Enjoy your Origami Kusudama Folding and dont forget to share this Step By Step Kusudama Flower Tutorial with your family and friends. Just click the share button below to share it on your social media account.