Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here
My Goals For August 2019. It’s the time again to set a few more monthly goals. For this month I want to focus more on this blog since it’s my blog anniversary month. Karenmonica.com is going to be a year old on the 16 of August.
July has come and gone. I have set 5 goals in July and I can gladly say that I have managed to achieve all 5. Cutting down on the things that were ‘Time Wasters’ and practising a great morning routine has helped me to be more productive in July.
My Top 5 Monthly Goals For August 2019
Before I continue with another 5 goals that I have set for August, let’s take a peek on how did my July goals turn out.
- I targeted to increase my monthly Pinterest views from 52k to 72k. I am only manual pinning to Pinterest, so it does take some extra effort to increase those views. But experimenting with a self-taught strategy, really did help. By 31st July, my Pinterest monthly views reached up to 200k and it helped to increase my blog traffic too.
- For the past few months, I had so limited free time that reading even one book a month seemed impossible. But after eliminating all those ‘Time Wasters’ I was able to have more free time and reached my target of reading two books in a month. The first one was a book by Caroline Roberts – The Cosy Tea Shop in The Castle. While the second book was some sort of a detective series by Susan Lewis – Hiding In Plain Sight.
- I also did spend some time on decluttering and decorating my home office. My DIY project to give my old cupboards and cabinets a facelift with some wallpaper went on well. Now I have some pretty looking cabinets in my home office.
- Last month my target was to plan and prepare at least 4 articles in advance. Hopefully, I can draft more articles this month. I want to reach a target of at least 10 posts in draft.
- I managed to learn some new Pinterest tips, especially from Ell Duclos. She has shared some valuable tips on her new website. Her new site focusses on Pinterest Strategy which is very helpful if you plan on building your traffic through Pinterest.
My List of Goals For This Month
Coming back to my goals for August 2019, here is what I have in mind and hopefully I can once again achieve them all.
Increase Blog Traffic
My blog is going to be a year old, so it’s time I focus on increasing my blog traffic. Last month I saw an increase in organic traffic so I am guessing that my SEO strategy has started to work. Pinterest is also a great help, so I will continue with my Pinterest strategy as well. I am hoping to double my traffic compared to last month, let see if I will be able to do it by the end of August.
Rebrand My Other Blog
I am planning to rebrand my other blog by this month. I love paper crafting so I am planning to rebrand that blog and share my papercraft projects and other creative ideas as well. The rebranding would keep me busy for a couple of weeks.
Books And More Books
Again I have set my goal for this month to read at least 2 more books. I am also planning to do a few reviews of the books that I have read. I have also plan to read more articles on blogging and Pinterest strategy as well.
Once again I want to focus on affiliate marketing. I need to do more research on this. As I have mentioned in my July Goals post, when I was blogging in Bahasa Malaysia, I used to earn a steady monthly income from affiliate marketing.
Unfortunately, I still haven’t found the correct strategy to really hit it with this blog. Which means more research to do and I need to experiment on more strategies. If you have any advice on this, it is greatly appreciated.
Make More Paper Craft Projects
Since I am rebranding my other blog, I would need more material for my new posts on that blog. So I need to spend some time and create more papercraft projects to prepare some tutorials to publish over that blog.
Looks like I am going to have another busy month. Hopefully, I would be able to achieve all my Goals For August 2019 or at least 80% of it.
What are your goals for this month? Do we share any goals in common? Looking forward to hear about your goals and views on this.