Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used which means if you purchase via my link I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you! I only recommend products that I love! All opinions remain my own.You can read my full disclosure here
Looking for Journal Prompt Ideas For Gratitude? Last month I started a Journal Prompt Ideas series on this blog. Journaling is something I enjoy doing and I am sure many of you do too. By keeping a journal, I am more aware of my inner self. I know what I am missing and it helps me to be on track to where I am heading to.
Journal Prompt Ideas Monthly Theme Series
Recently I have shared a post about the importance of having a Gratitude Journal. Looking at the response, I have noticed that many are interested to start a gratitude journal of their own. So I have decided that the theme of the second series of Journal Prompt Ideas will be GRATITUDE.
What Is Gratitude?
Gratitude is a feeling of thankfulness and how blessed we are. I know, there are moments we may feel that our life is too shattered to be thankful for anything. I have felt that way too. It’s like everything was going wrong in my life. There was nothing for me to be thankful for. I felt so empty. And there were times when I couldn’t even understand my own feelings. Was I sad? Was anger taking control of my life? Or was it self-pity? I didn’t know what I was feeling. And I didn’t know why I was feeling that way.
That was the turning point in my life. That moment I knew something was wrong with my inner self and I must not carry on that way. I needed to find out what I was missing. That’s when I took a pen and paper and sat on my bed. I shut my eyes. I could hear myself breathing. My bed felt comfortable. I could hear my parents speaking to each other. There was a meowing sound of my cat calling outside my room door. That’s when I realised my life is not shattered. I am alive. I have a roof over my head. A comfortable bed to sleep in. My parents are there for me. My cats need me. And the ‘undescribable empty feeling’ started to disappear.
My life felt shattered because I was missing what’s gone and not appreciating what’s still there. The empty feeling is because I was hanging on to something that doesn’t exist in my life anymore. Instead, I should have been embracing everything that belongs to me. Everything that is mine. The feeling of gratitude is like a miracle. It helps to appreciate life even more.The more you thank life, the more you get something to be thankful for Click To Tweet
Take The Journal Prompt Ideas For Gratitude Challenge
If you are feeling down, feeling unmotivated or unwanted … give this journal challenge a try. You will definitely understand your life better. You can also try out the Self Love Journal Challenge. That will help you to love yourself better.
31 Journal Prompt Ideas For Gratitude
- Shut your eyes for a while. What is the one thing that you are most grateful for?
- Did something make you smile today?
- What never fails to make you feel happy?
- List down the good qualities that you have and you are proud of?
- What is your favourite part about being single/married?
- Think of all the beautiful people in your life. Who are the ones that make you feel so grateful to have?
- Who is the one person that will never let you down?
- What is the favourite memory that you share with your parents or siblings?
- Name someone you have never met but has brought changes to your way of life?
- How does your child/pet bring joy into your life?
- Flashback to the past. What memories make you feel so grateful about?
- What activities that you enjoy doing with loved ones?
- Have you ever volunteered? How did you feel when you helped someone else?
- How is your physical wellbeing? Are you taking care of your self?
- How do you feel when you cross off something from your bucket list?
- Which freedom are you most grateful for?
- What do you feel positive about that is happening in your life at the moment?
- Name the books that you have read that changed your way of life?
- What is the most daring thing that you did and you are proud of it?
- How was your day today? What was the one thing that made you feel so grateful?
- List down 10 things that you feel others are grateful to have you in their life.
- What do you like about your job?
- What makes you so special and unique?
- Think of all the technology that has been invented. Name one particular technology that makes your life much easier?
- What was the best life experience for you?
- Which is the one thing that you cannot live without?
- Reflect on your life for the past 5 years. What are you most grateful for?
- How did your childhood shape you to be who you are today?
- Who is the one person that had a great impact on your life?
- Take a walk closer to nature. What are you grateful for the most about nature?
- Look at yourself in the mirror. List down everything you are proud of.
After completing all the 31 Journal Prompt Ideas For Gratitude, take some time to reflect on it. There are so many things to feel grateful about. If you find these prompt ideas to be helpful, do share it with others. Hopefully, we can be grateful for helping one another to feel blessed.
Must Read: How To Start A Gratitude Journal
If you have any questions or suggestion, do love me a message at the comment section below. I would love to hear your ideas.