Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here
Chicken Curry With Potatoes Recipe. If you surf the internet looking for delicious home-cooked meals, you will find thousands of chicken curry recipes. Well, who doesn’t love a dish of home-cooked chicken curry served with rice?
Usually, coconut milk is added into a curry to get a thick and creamy gravy. However, my mom prefers to cook curry without milk or coconut milk.
Today, I will be sharing with you an Easy To Cook Chicken Curry Recipe prepared by my mother. She cooks very delicious Asian meals.
How To Cook Chicken Curry Recipe?
Here is the list of ingredients that you will need for this delicious chicken curry recipe.
- 2 large onions (cut into 4)
- 50g ginger (thinly sliced)
- 5cm cinnamon stick
- 1pc star anise
- 5pcs cloves
- 2 seeds green cardamom
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 7 – 8 pcs curry leaves
- 4 potatoes (peeled and cut)
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 whole chicken cut into 12 pieces
- cooking oil
- Heat oil over medium heat and fry cinnamon, star anise, cloves and cardamom until fragrant.
- Stir in the onions and sliced ginger
- Mixed the curry powder with a bit of water and stir it into a paste. Add it in after the onions and ginger are slightly browned.
- Add in water and curry leaves. Stir for a while.
- Next, add in chicken and potatoes and leave to boil.
- Finally, when the potatoes and chicken are almost cooked, add in the cherry tomatoes.
- Don’t forget to add in salt for taste.
Only seven steps to cook this delicious chicken curry with potatoes recipe. We usually enjoy this curry with rice and a few other side dishes. This chicken curry is also suitable to be eaten with bread or paratha.
I will be sharing more local recipes in my future blog posts. I am not a great cook but I enjoy cooking and love eating home-cooked meals.
If you have any questions about this recipe, don’t hesitate to ask in the comment section below. Is there a Malaysian recipe that you are yearning to learn? Do let me know and I will share those recipes in future posts.